A 16-year-old supporter of President Trump was the victim of an unprovoked attack in a Whataburger on Tuesday night.
San Antonio, TX – A viral cell phone video that showed a 16-year-old boy being assaulted by a man who didn’t like the teen’s red Make America Great Again hat, and has led to a criminal investigation (video below).
Hunter Richard and two of his friends went to a Whataburger restaurant on Tuesday night, and were sitting at a table eating, when a stranger walked over and grabbed Richard’s pro-President Trump hat off of his head, WOAI reported.
The man also tore out some of the teen’s hair during the unprovoked attack, he said.
The irate man then picked up a drink from their table and threw it onto Richard, the viral video showed.
“I support the president,” Richard said calmly as the man doused him with the boy’s cap held firmly in his other hand.
“You ain’t supporting s–t, n—-r,” the man retorted. “You b—h -ss mother–ker.”
The man stormed off, glancing at the hat in his hand before he announced his next move.
“This is gonna go great in my f–king fireplace, b—h” he yelled over his shoulder.
“Alright, have fun with it,” Richard replied.
The shocked teens sat in stunned amazement as the man marched out of the restaurant.
“I support my President, and if you don’t, let’s have a conversation about it instead of ripping my hat off,” Richard later told WOAI. “I just think a conversation about politics is more productive for the entire whole rather than taking my hat and yelling subjective words to me.”
The mother of one of Richard’s friends shared footage of the attack on social media, and the video quickly went viral, The Daily Caller reported.
“I didn’t think it was going to generate the amount like what people are doing,” Richard told WOAI. “I was looking at the comments by some people and they are like, ‘this is uncalled for’ and other people are like, mixed opinions, but I didn’t think it would blow up to what it is now.”
Richard reported the incident to San Antonio police, who have assigned detectives to investigate the complaint, FOX News reported.
According to a Wednesday night Facebook post by Rumble, a San Antonio bar, the man in the video was a part-time employee at their establishment and has since been fired.
“It came to our attention earlier this evening that a part-time employee was captured on cell phone video assaulting another person at a local eatery,” Rumble’s post read. “The assault took place, presumably, because this employee did not agree with the other individual’s political stance.”
“We have since terminated this employee, as his actions go against everything that this establishment stands for,” the post continued. “We do not condone the actions or behavior that were displayed in the cell phone video… Rumble has, and always will be, a bar that is as inclusive as any establishment could possibly be. THIS BAR IS A SAFE SPACE FOR EVERYONE! No matter your race, creed, ethnicity, sexual identity, and political stance, you are welcomed here!”